Monday, August 4, 2008

First Day


Today was Parker's first day of school.  Can I just say that 1/2 day Kindergarten is a waste.  I feel like I drop him off and have to turn right around to pick him up again.  Does anyone else feel this way?  Do I seem like I'm trying to ditch my kid?  I'm not really, it's just a pain.  But regardless of it being short, or probably because it was short, Parker LOVED it.  When I picked  him up he asked when he gets to go back to his school again.  When I told him tomorrow, he got really excited and asked if he could even go on saturday.  Oh well, he'll grow out of liking school all too soon I'm sure.  


1 comment:

Jodi said...

First days are exciting! I love that he wants to go back again. As for the 1/2 day stuff, I agree with you. Here in MD they just started full day Kindergarten this year. At first my friends were complaining. But after a week they were just fine. I'm sad to leave the potential of full day Kindergarten.