Friday, June 19, 2009


We had Parker's Birthday party last night.  It was kind of an Indiana Jones fest.  He already had the hat and the whip, so I made him the over the shoulder pack the you apparently HAVE to have in order to play Indiana Jones.  He LOVED it.  My dad seemed to enjoy it as well.  

We also finally found a good use for the basketball hoop.  
My favorite thing about this party is that the kids all had a great time throwing away the wrapping paper and trash so clean up was almost non-existent. 

I also really loved seeing Parker open his presents.  Ellie gave him a spiderman marker set and coloring book.  He jumped out of his chair, (pausing the opening of more presents mind you,) grabbed Ellie and gave her a big hug and told her thank you.  He didn't do that for any of the boys that came... but I'm glad that he is such a grateful kid. 


And this is the cake.  I don't know if you can really see it in the photo, it's indy's pack with jewels and coins spilling out, his whip (made out of black licorice whips) and of course his hat.  
 I think my favorite thing is that the coins all have COPY printed on them just in case you had in mind to try and use it in a store.  He had a great time and I think Rob and I needed the distraction from everything else.  

A good day overall.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ellie had a great time. I'm not sure I'll be able to send my kids to birthdays at your house anymore though, or they'll have too high expectations for their cakes. :) Very cool.