Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Boys Are Back In Town

We drove to Idaho on Saturday to pick up the boys.  We weren't supposed to go until Sunday, but we missed them too much and we were both done with work early, so we figured why not?  When we got there Jackson just looked at me and it took him about 3 good long seconds to realize who I was and then he just smiled and said 'Mommy!' and reached out his arms for me to pick him up.  When I did he laid his head down on my shoulder and didn't move for about a half an hour.  It was the best hug ever!  Riley even learned how to ride without training wheels while he was there.  The biggest shocker of all is that Parker played outside, bugs and all.  It was really nice to see them again.  Glad they went, but more glad they are back.  It was way too quiet around here.

1 comment:

kelly said...

Every time my boys go to sleep over at grandmas house I get so excited, but then I wake up to a quiet, lifeless house and I feel depressed.

I think Jackson's reaction was funny and sweet. Beck had a similar reaction when Kelly and I came home from Boston last year. He just kept staring at me and then finally the biggest smile I've ever seen.