Monday, June 2, 2008

Good Times & Good Friends

Saturday was of course my birthday.  What better present could I ask for than to get up at 3am and go to the bakery for my dad.  I only had to stay until about 8:30 though and then it got good.  We took the Riley and Parker to Indiana Jones which they loved.  They were only scared about the ants, of course Parker was freaked about giant ants that carry you off, but Riley, that was something new.  Riley, (he has really wanting to go on another vacation) leaned over to me and said "Mom, I've decided I just want to stay home."  Not sure what he meant I probed for more info and he said, "what if we go on a trip and we go somewhere where they are?"  If was a bit much in the computer graphics and sci-fi, but I wouldn't have traded it for anything. (Twilight isn't out yet, duh.) It made the boys sooooo happy.  Then we took the boys to play with Grandma Riley and went to Sampan with Clint & Laura... adults only.  While we were waiting I even got to run over to the Deseret Book and read the first chapter in Breaking Dawn, which was released today. (What a great present!)  Afterwards, we went over to their house and had desert and played games.  Totally yummy!  We really don't see enough of these guys.  

To top the weekend off, Sunday we had a BBQ with Kelly and Kelly, whom we haven't seen for years... and I hope it's not that long until we see them again.  They have 3 boys who are so funny and almost the exact same age as our boys.  Not to mention that dinner was delish!!!  We had chicken with Famous Daves BBQ sauce and curried couscous and frozen key lime pie... I totally recommend them all.  Kelly of course blogged about it already which you can check out here.  I love the picture of Jack she took.  She is so good. 

 Then we watched the Twilight scene preview on the MTV music awards and played Rock Band.  It kicks Guitar Hero's butt.  It was definitely a good time.  Can't wait to see them again.  Riley and Parker told me they wished they lived there.  All I could say was "yeah, me too."  It was fun.

1 comment:

kelly said...

Oh man! We are such douche bags for not knowing it was your birthday!!!
It's been too long since we've seen each other I guess...I totally would have made a cake.
Next time, for sure.
And Happy Birthday!